Donisthorpe Hall has charitable status, we do not pay Directors’ salaries or issue dividends. The savings we make and the money we raise are all used towards continuing improvements to the environment and care of our residents.
We have developed close ties with business and local community and the contributions we receive from them are vital. If you would like to offer your support there are a variety of ways you can help.
We are grateful for all donations received, however large or small and in whatever form they come. We acknowledge every donation made by either letter or greeting card. Below you will find a few ways in which you can donate and help to make a difference to the lives of our residents.
How to Donate
Online: Donate online via our justgiving page.
- By phone: Please call Alexandra Myers on 0113 218 5070 or Katie Borwick on 0113 218 5014 to make a donation over the phone by debit or credit card.
- By text: Text DONI00 and your amount to 70070. E.g. “DONI00 £5”
- Standing Order: Set up a monthly standing order from as little as £5 a month. For further information please call Alexandra Myers on 0113 218 5070 or Katie Borwick on 0113 218 5014 who can guide you through the process.
- Special Occasion: People have used birthdays, weddings and wedding anniversaries as a way to give to Donisthorpe Hall by asking for donations instead of gifts. Why not do the same?
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship comes in a variety of forms, whether it is sponsoring a fundraising event, a project or a person. This is a great way for both companies and individuals to get involved. In the past sponsorship has helped us to create and maintain the gardens, buy new equipment and build the new Dementia wing.
- Leave a gift in your will: This is one of the most traditional ways to give to charity. Charitable bequests are paid before tax is deducted reducing the total amount of inheritance tax due from a person’s estate. Contact your solicitor or lawyer for information on how you can make a bequest through your will.
Our Wish List
Our wish list is constantly updated with items that our residents need here at Donisthorpe, from new beds to music therapy sessions.
If you would like to purchase something from the wish list please call Alexandra Myers on 0113 218 5070 or Katie Borwick on 0113 218 5014. Those who give large donations will receive a copy of the wish list in order to choose what they would like their money to be spent on.